1. Water – Spiders are covered in tiny hairs that trap water and cause them to drown when they get wet
2. Lemon Juice – Spiders use their sensory organs on their legs and feet to sense tastes and smells and lemon juice is too acidic for them
3. Lavender – This floral fragrance will keep spiders away and is toxic to them.
4. Cinnamon – The warmth that the smell and flavor this spice gives a human is exactly what is spiders can’t stand!
5. Mint – Spiders hate the smell of mint and find it too strong to be around
6. Citronella – The scent of citronella although wonderful to humans, are overpowering for insects and spiders.
7. Garlic – Great to keep vampires and spiders away!
8. Salt – Salt is poisonous to spiders and usually readily available in everyone’s cupboards
9. Vinegar – Like lemon is too acidic and spiders hate the smell of it!
10. Baking Soda – Baking soda is poisonous to spiders and can act as a pesticide
Creepy crawler spiders make most people get the heeby jeebies, but not everyone wants to use nasty chemicals to kill and keep them away. With a little bit of All Clean Natural, you can make you own spider spray at home! Spiders hate Peppermint oil and citronella oil – both essential oils are ingredients in All Clean Natural Skeeter Spray. Not many people would like to dip their finger in these and then lick them, and that’s just what spiders are doing if they walk on these oils!
Use this home made natural spider repellent in the yard, the house, and anywhere else the 8 legged creatures can be found making their home.
What you’ll need:
– All Clean Natural Skeeter Spray
If you feel like you need a little more power behind this mixture adding more Skeeter spray, along with one or more of these ingredients will definitely do the trick:
– Lemon Juice
– Baking Soda