We’re talking G R E E N Christmas!! If you’re like us, you love the Holidays but sometimes worry about all of the extra stuff. We’ve listed some great tips and ideas below to help your holiday season be filled with JOY, not waste!
Not only will you save money on shipping, reduce waste with less packaging, but you’ll also help out your community by shopping local. We love the boutique gifts from Ten Thousand Villages. Their handmade ornaments make such a special gift!
Buy Energy-Saving LED Holiday Lights.
Just because the tree is lit doesn’t mean your energy bill has to be! Switching to energy efficient Christmas lights uses 75% less energy than incandescent lighting.
Done with your Christmas Tree? Recycle it!
Recycled trees have multiple uses. Some are turned into mulch, used for things like community playgrounds and parks. Others can be added to lakes for fish habitats and underwater life. Choosing the G R E E N way to dispose of your Christmas trees eliminates the costly process of adding additional waste to our landfills!
Give the gift of experience rather than something tangible!
This holidays season think outside the box when it comes to gifts. Find yourself having less and less room for all that stuff? Here’s some of our favourite gift ideas:
- Socially Distanced Movie Theatre Date. Most of the local cinemas have adjusted their seating to meet regulations. With a reduced amount of new movies, many are showing the classics. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Home Alone and more! This is a gift the whole family will love!
- Dog Sledding Tours if you are lucky enough to have a winter wonderland in your backyard and this is something that is offered in your city!
- Homemade Hot Coco & Cookie Decorating Kits. We love this one as a gift for the whole family. Not only does it keep your little ones busy bringing out their creativity as they decorate cookies for Santa, the family or just themselves, but it’s also a gift that doesn’t take up permanent space! These are also great to fill stockings with rather than store bought treats with wrappers.
- Sometimes the gift of not having to cook is better than a new sweater! Grab a GC to your favorite local restaurant to treat a friend or co-worker this holiday season. For those who just don’t want to have to decide what’s for dinner, send them a meal kit subscription!
- A Master Class. We’ve all heard of Oprah’s Master Classes by now. Did you know you can now purchase subscriptions to these amazingly informative videos? Help your friends and family learn from the best!
- BONUS: As we get ready for the holiday season and the gifts Santa will bring, why not take this opportunity to have your kids go through their toy bins and donate those they’ve already enjoyed! This will clear up space for those new 2020 gifts and also bring a smile to someone else’s face who now gets to play with and enjoy a new to them toy!